Architect (8+ years experience, California license preferred) – San Diego, CA, US | Works
As part of an expansion strategy, PALO is looking for a Architect
with eight or more years of experience and preferably a license to practice architecture in California. This role will work on critical office projects and processes and take responsibility for design, delivery and innovation in a portfolio of multi-family residential projects.
PALO is an architecture and landscape office founded on the principles of generosity, adaptability and entrepreneurship. From its headquarters in San Diego, the office approaches local conditions with an ambitious perspective. PALO is currently developing a comprehensive portfolio of residential projects in close collaboration with developers, investors and owners.
About the role
This role is essential in leading projects, processes and teams within an expanding portfolio of small and mid-size multi-family residential projects. The position requires an incisive mind, adept at critical thinking and decision-making.
- Manage the design and project process workflow from start to finish, ensuring best practices in information management and efficiency.
- Ensure brilliant designs that work with complex parameters.
- Develop and manage models, drawings, specifications, quotes, presentations and Revit documents at all phases of the project.
- Ensure quality control, communication with clients and sub-consultants and meeting deadlines.
- Make sure project costs and efforts are tracked while maximizing efficiency.
- Lead team members through the project process, resources and training.
We are looking for someone who understands and can confidently prioritize conceptual thinking, detailed design and management, while providing solidity for action throughout the phases of the project. We are building a modern architectural firm that uses more enlightened ways of working with a healthy dose of common sense.
- Advanced knowledge of design and construction processes in multi-family residences.
- Diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices in a wide range of assignments.
- Use of advanced techniques, theories, precepts and practices in residential architecture.
- Accuracy, work with speed and precision.
- Strong sense of leadership with experience leading teams of 4 to 6 architects / designers across a portfolio of residential projects.
- Expert level skills in Revit
- 8+ years of experience, California license preferred
We encourage applicants regardless of religion, ethnicity, nationality, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status. If you require assistance or accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Please send your CV, short portfolio and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line Architect.
View the history of your applications
Back to the task list …